Dr. Sean Sherman is committed to delivering professional, personalized orthodontic care to each of his patients. He is known for his attention to detail, focus on long-term function and attractiveness, and commitment to ensuring a positive orthodontic experience for each patient. He wants patients to finish treatment with an incredible, lasting smile and to have loved every moment of their care.
Dr. Sherman and his team members have created an orthodontic practice where the focus is always on patients’ unique needs. Using advanced techniques and technologies ensures that each patient’s treatment is comfortable and tailored to his or her situation.
What sets Sherman Orthodontics apart from other offices is Dr. Sherman’s involvement with and genuine concern for each patient. He actively engages with people and their families, gets to know them as people, and looks forward to visits as time spent with friends.
Fellow dentists and oral healthcare specialists respect the level of care Dr. Sherman provides: They have chosen him to be a Top Dentist, through Pittsburgh Magazine, every year since 2007!
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – McGill University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Toronto
- General practice residency – St. Barnabas Hospital, Cornell University
- Residency in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics – Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Master of Medical Science in oral biology – Harvard Faculty of Medicine
Throughout the year, Dr. Sherman pursues continuing education. This keeps him current on the latest developments in technologies and treatment modalities. By evaluating new approaches, he’s able to incorporate the best options into his practice. In addition to attending orthodontic lectures, seminars, and meetings, Dr. Sherman is active in the local Seattle Study Club.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Dental Association
Beyond the Practice
Living in Squirrel Hill with his family, Dr. Sherman enjoys spending quality time with his wife Rosie, and two children, Aidan and Sydney. He’s a fan of all Pittsburgh sports, especially Penguins hockey. In addition, Dr. Sherman is an admissions interviewer for local high school students who apply to Harvard.